Dillon Francis just hit 2 million followers on Instagram and confirmed that he is the new king of social media. Set on a path to conquer all social media, the DJ and producer has already mastered Instagram stories and IGTV and is even making his way onto Hulu and Netflix. Dillon Francis is almost as much a comedian as he is a musician because the dude is hilarious. Like knock your socks off, pee your pants funny. You don’t even necessarily have to like his music to agree that he is by far one of the funniest DJs out there. But when it comes to Instagram especially, Dillon Francis has consistently opened the gateway to a whole new realm of social media and fan interaction. With each new twist social media throws at him, Dillon Francis has garnered a talent for making game changing moves that prove he is a true influencer. If you don’t already follow Dillon Francis, go right now and watch all of his content immediately. But here’s five reasons anyways why Dillon Francis is the king of Instagram.
1. The producer and DJ is so social media famous that he’s teamed up with Netflix to develop his own satirical comedy Like and Subscribe about social media influencers. (Like and Subscribe is out July 9th!)
Over the last year I’ve been developing my own show called @likeandsubscribe. It’s about a topic very very dear to my heart…influencers. It comes out July 9th & I am beyond excited. I am starring in it & also executive produced it.. A lot of work went into this with a lot of amazing people and i am very excited for you all to finally see it.
2. He has a history of being funny as hell as he stepped up to play Diplo’s childhood best friend Jasper on Viceland’s What Would Diplo Do? last summer. (You can go watch all of the first season right now on Hulu!)
3. He bought djsnake.com and used it to promote his latest single and explained why he did it in a two part Instagram post.
4. His infamous piñata mate Gerald has his own Instagram account, which is verified and has over 11,000 followers. Gerald can be seen throughout his Instagram posts, story, and IGTV as Francis’ inanimate booty-loving sidekick.
5. Quickly hopping on Instagram’s new IGTV channel, Dillon Francis has utilized it to its fullest extent, showcasing Gerald, his music and more. In one video, Francis shows how he produced Panic At The Disco’s new song “Hey Look Ma, I Made It”, commenting that the collaboration originally stemmed from Francis heckling Panic’s lead singer Brendon Urie on Instagram Live. He also promoted the song with the hilarious video below.
STAY IN THE KNOW! SIGN UP FOR THE RUN THE TRAP NEWSLETTER