Electronic dance music has become an international corporate powerhouse claiming millions of fans, billions of dollars, and over 36 headlining festivals worldwide. Everyone wants a piece of the action, from talent to industry professionals to investors; but how do you break into the business of EDM and succeed?
Sydney Sevdalis of RunTheTrap.com and Prime Social Group, Joo Kim of IrisTV, Daniel P. of HxV, and Dee Washington of Atlanta’s favorite underground techno party Wiggle Factor will share their tips and strategies on how to break into the EDM business, rise above the competition, and make the most of its unique business opportunities.
The panel of hand selected taste-makers and trendsetters–each of whom found their niche and built valuable brands as artists, promoters, journalists and marketing experts in the Atlanta area–will discuss topics like:
- Networking in EDM: how and where to begin
- Cultivate, support and become part of a local music scene
- Attract corporate sponsorship and investment
- The power of an artist collective with unified vision, and how to be part of it
- Multiply your reach with creative collaborations
- Information sources for trailblazing EDM artists and trends
- EDM-specific marketing strategies
- Marketing to the millennial generation: Do’s and Don’t’s
- How to get booked at major events, parties, and festivals
- How to grow a fan base from thousands to millions
Wednesday, September 23, 2015
6:30 p.m. – Registration and networking
7:00 p.m. – Program begins
8:15 p.m. – Break
9:30 p.m. – Program ends
SAE Institute of Technology
215 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30303
Enter building from Andrew Young International Blvd. (behind Hard Rock Cafe).
Closest paid parking deck is on Andrew Young International Blvd. Or take Marta train to Peachtree Center Station and walk to SAE Institute from there.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Artists, Artist Managers, Artist Reps, and DJs
Journalists, Bloggers, YouTubers, Digital Media Reps
Those looking to break into the business or advance their knowledge of EDM.
Recording Engineers, Sound Engineers, and Producers
Music Attorneys, Songwriters & Composers
Music Publishing and Record Executives
Brand Marketing & Creative Executives
Promoters, Event Planners, Festival Organizers
TWEET ABOUT OUR SPEAKERS & EVENT
NARIP. Career acceleration.
Get connected. Stay connected.
The National Association of Record Industry Professionals is the biggest music business network in the world, now in nine major cities. We promote career advancement, education and good will among record executives.